Sandra "Sam" Redden, Ph.D.
Licensed Psychologist, State of Alabama
"Dr. Sam" focuses her work on young children (birth to age six). She has extensive experience working with young children in assessing and treating their social, emotional, behavioral and developmental needs. She finds joy in working with amazing young children and their families and considers it a privledge to work with your child. To read more, scroll down.
As of 2/6/2024, Dr. Sam is taking only new clients who are under the age of 6 and who have not yet finished kindergarten. She takes Blue Cross Blue Shield, All Kids and PEEHIP insurance.
Dr. Redden earned her Bachelor’s in Psychology at Stetson University in Florida before attending the University of Alabama at Birmingham, where she earned her Master’s and Doctorate degree in Developmental Psychology. She then spent two years in a clinical child psychology post-doctoral fellowship at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's Center for Development and Learning. These educational opportunities have afforded Dr. Redden the opportunity to focus on early childhood development and developmental disabilities including assessment, therapeutic intervention, and school consultation practices for young children and their families. She began practicing in Birmingham as a child psychologist in 2001. Her practice focuses on young children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Developmental Disabilities, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Anxiety, Depression, Executive functioning concerns, Disruptive behavior, Emotional dysregulation, and Impulse-Control problems. Her goal is provide assessment and intervention as a means of helping every child reach their full potential.
Please include the following in the new client email:
1. Child's Name
3. School or Preschool Attending
4. Child's current grade in School
5. A brief description of concerns
6. A brief description of services requested
7. Who, if anyone, referred you
8. Your name and relationship to client
9. Person (or persons) who is (are) the legal guardian of child
10. If there is a shared custody arrangement, please share details of that arrangement
and who has primary custody
11. If any legal documents are pertinent regarding custody of your child (including adoption),
please attach these in the first email. I cannot add a child to my waiting list until I have all relevant paperwork.
12. Name of your insurance carrier